Sunday, December 14, 2008

After all the waiting

After checking the mail and waiting not so patiently, I learned our student teaching placements were being sent to our permanent address. So I called my mom and have had her checking the mail and calling me for the past few days.

Today, I was taking a nap when the phone rang. I looked at it and almost did not answer because I thought I would just call her back when I woke up. Then a thought came over me....PLACEMENTS! So I answered and she said "Are you ready?" And then....

She read the letter! Ms Smith's class at James! Third grade! It is exactly what I wanted.

A wave of relief came over me becasue I no longer had to worry about where I would be or getting a teacher I didn't like. Then came the excitement, and then the nervousness. I laid in bed for a while thinking about how nervous I am to actually student teach. I know it will be fun so for now I am going to enjoy the feeling of knowing that I get to work with amazing third graders and a really good teacher!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. I was so relieved when my letter came in! You'll be fantastic with third graders!