Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

It's funny how different Christmas is the older you get. Last year we opened gifts a little after midnight on Christmas Eve. This year we didn't even make it to midnight! Besides the fact that my dad is like a little boy, he has to work tomorrow so there is a chance he won't be home til later in the day. Waiting that long would be pure torture....for him. Even the way we buy gifts is different. My parents buy gifts for themselves and give them to each other to wrap. I picked out all my stocking stuffers. We had out big gifts weeks and weeks ago. Christmas still means the same thing to us and I love every minute of the holiday with my family, but it's definitely different as the years pass.

I have also never spent such a short time in Roswell. I came last Friday and the original plan was to be here until the 26th and then we would drive through Portales to leave my stuff and head to Tulsa to see my brother and his family. Well...not anymore.

This week away has been really hard this time around and I don't know why. I have spent more time away before and been fine. I know it's part of growing up, but I didn't expect it this year. So, I am going to Portales tomorrow and staying the night, and then my parents will pick me up on Friday morning. 

Who would have ever guessed? 

So, our Christmas presents are opened and breakfast is in the fridge, ready to be put in the oven. I should be sleeping, but I am too excited. I have enjoyed my time at home and I am excited to go to Tulsa, but tomorrow I get one of the best presents of all. I get to see Josh and spend Christmas night with him. 

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

No comments: