(Edit: I did update the blog following this post, and it is still under construction.)
I just realized I need a new layout for the blog. The background I was using is no longer supported. I will work on that...sometime.
This week is my last week of summer. It is very bittersweet. On one hand, I am so excited to return to my job- my students, my class, my school. On the other hand, school starting means less sleeping in and being lazy. I am proud of what I accomplished this summer.
- Painted majority of the house
- Shampooed all the carpets
- Did some organizing around the house
- Rearranged furniture
- Bought and received some very nice house items
- Attended the AP Summer Institute
- Helped with district curriculum mapping
- Spent time with family and friends
- Slept, slept, and slept some more
- Finished my first graduate class with an A
- Finishing my second graduate class this week
- Moved classrooms
- Organized classroom materials
- Shopped A LOT!
- Purchased a .22 bolt-action rifle and learned how to shoot it
I could probably think of many more things I feel are major accomplishments, but this post would get extremely boring. This summer was also a summer of trials. Between jobs, finances, illness, surgeries, cleaning, organizing, and tons of stress, I am somewhat surprised I made it out alive!
I owe the little amount of sanity I have left in my body to my amazing husband, parents, and friends. They are the gravity that brings my back down to earth when I take off into an orbit of crazy thoughts. I know they will continue to be my rock as I enter the school year with two Graduate classes and a whole new load of students. Thank you will never express the true gratitude I have for the people in my life.