Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blogging in Bed

So I know I've been a very bad blogger, but I never said I was a pro. Truth be told, I am still trying to find a routine for this crazy semester. So for now, blogging will be done when I have time, or when I am laying bed and can't sleep.

It's been a while since I've updated, so I will just do a brief run through of life as I know it these days...

I mentioned in my previous blog that I started student teaching. I have since then been relieving myself of other responsibilities because student teaching is a critical time in my education and it requires about 90% of my time and energy. My term as an officer in Chi Omega finished and in January I passed all my duties to my amazing lil sis. While I will remain a Senator for ASENMU, I resigned my position as Director of Student Concerns. I knew I would not be able to do the best job possible because of the time constraints so I knew it was the best thing to do. 

I am sure many people who know me are thinking I must be crazy, but....in true Jamie fashion....out with one thing means in with another. I was really lucky to be given the opportunity to teach Extended School Day. I work with a small group of students after school for eight weeks, four days a week. In addition to gaining some amazing experience, I am getting paid! Talk about a small relief!

So along with the plethora of paperwork student teaching brings, I am working on my resume and job hunting! This is probably one of the scariest things I have ever thought about in my life. Again, those who know me can probably figure out why! For those who don't, here is a glimpse into the life of Jamie! I am a planner and organizer. I like to know what I am doing, when I am doing it, and how I need to do it. So the mystery of where I will live, where I will work, and oh, the rest of my life is driving my crazy. I do realize for some people this is exciting, exhilarating and whatever other emotions it may evoke in other people. However, for me, I am just ready to know! 

I also realize there is no better time to count my blessings than now. So I do. Everyday I thank God for the opportunities I have been given, the opportunities still to come, and the life I am living. 

Now, looking back on this blog, it is mostly a rant about how busy things have been lately. But I see it as a good rant. I did get sick this week (still getting better). I may be exhausted when I leave school at the end of the day. I may get frustrated when a lesson doesn't go just right or I have to type or copy another useless paper for my notebook. However, when it comes down to it all, I am truly happy with the choices I have made and the path ahead of me.

P.S. I will now promise to try and write at least one a week. The key word in that sentence is "try!"

No comments: